16.5.11

Research and Mind-Mapping

The start to a whole new project - Project Three:

We were told to come up with a programming term, for example - array, or if/else statements - and create an exhibition to explain to others how this term works/what it is used for, but without directly telling the audience what it is we are talking about. 
We must create a metaphor in place of the term and build something with code, physical utensils, or sound - anything really! Personally, I think this makes the project so much harder. We have guidelines to follow but not many. We can virtually create anything using anything we want, as long as it does not consist of words, spoken or written.

This got me thinking... loooooooong and hard...

I figured in the end, programming something would be in my best interest, considering I'm doing a computer science degree. Next... What term am I going to use and why? How will I create a metaphor?

Hmm...


Below is some of the mind mapping I did while throwing ideas onto paper.

Beginning stage of mind mapping

continue of beginning stage of mind mapping

As above, I have a mind map of 'if/else & conditional statements'. I chose this term because it is something that is used soooooo often in programming, and it is generally the first you learn, before arrays or anything else.

The following are some images that I thought I could be inspired by in some way for this particular project.

Animation vs Animator - I love the idea of animation, but simple stick figure
line animation. This is just a single screen image of the animation. I recommend you have a look at the movie.
Search on google for Animation_vs_Animator

A simple outline of a dog watching a butterfly. Resembles the above animation  some what. I think
my brain is trying to tell me to create a program on processing with a bunch of animation.


Another anime sketch from google search, again just with outline detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment