16.5.11

Concept One

I started thinking...again, yes, I do think. I can illustrate a 'if/else' term by creating a animation on processing but giving the user/audience the tools to create the end result.
For example:
There are tools on a tool panel created by me on the screen.
The user selects the tools of choice and the animation responds accordingly.

The lower image is just a simple example of a sketch created within the animation.


This idea will be labour intensive to create but attached to no extra cost. All that is needed for thisexhibition to work is a computer and processing.

The reason I say this would demonstrate a 'if/else statement' is because, if the user chooses a tool but not another tool sitting next to it, it will create a completely different result from the 'else'/'other' tool.

If I choose a black outline pen, paper, and lamp - it will produce a sketch on a piece of paper with a light to display it/and help with the creation of it, but no colour will be sued. It will end up being a black outline and detailed image.

else if, I choose colour pencils, paper, lamp - it will create a sketch of the shaded colour on paper. No black outline.

else, I choose colour pencils, paper, black pen - it will not have a light to create anything, therefore the end result will be a slight mess (as if someone were sketching in the dark) and the process of animation would be dark too (until the user selected the lamp tool).




No comments:

Post a Comment