16.5.11

Concept Two

Creating an animation on a few hundred cards and making a machine to flick through them quickly for the exhibition. I know once all the cards have flicked through, it would have to restart. That is exactly what it would do.

Imagine - hundred or so cards (size of a large open hand), on one side of these cards is a black outline sketch that changes slightly on each card (therefor creating the animation on quick flick through). The other side of the card will be a sketch that changes with movement too.

The if/else kicks in...... now!
If the audience/user stands to the left of the card flicking machine, in open view of the one side of the pack of cards, they will view the if statement.
For example, 'if I were to walk to work today, I would take a scenic route but it would take longer'.

Now, if the audience were to stand on the other side of the deck of cards, they would view the 'else' statement.
For example, 'else, if I were to take my car to work today, I would get there quickly and start work earlier'.


I think this would definitely explain what if/else statements do.

This concept would cost more than concept One. It requires a machine to handle and flick through cards quickly while keeping them in view of the audience. This would have to be thoroughly researched before could be made or found. However, the card/animation aspect would be less time absorbing than Concept One.

This is a film strip, not a card animation but it shows what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment