2.5.11

Minimising

The question is 'where is that line between too little and too much?'.

Okay, so I have decided - the horizon in my cave was a stupid idea. This has been removed! Yay for the cave!!
I've actually gone as far as removing the water too. I thought this may pose as an issue but it doesn't. It actually makes you wonder where the water stops and the cave ceiling begins. I have perlin noise on the lower half of my screen to create glow worm reflection. But instead of directly mirroring the ceiling, I've rather created wave lines of perlin noise to represent moving water.

The fire torch - I have had night mares over this silly torch. I can get the particle smoke system working (sort of) in place of the temporary torch... but I can never actually get it to look realistic. Eventually I put my foot down (okay, it wasn't my foot, it was my finger) and removed all the tens of tens of lines of code in charge of the 'smoking fire torch'. Instead, I have now created the affect of moving flames and varying transparency of the glow from the fire to illuminate the screen. This isn't what I originally fantasized about but I got into too much trouble from the grumpy boyfriend for spending too much time on this sketch. Moan moan moan...

Have I mentioned how much I hate arrays?? No I don't think I have. Well, I HATE dealing with arrays!
My dreaded goal is to become more familiar with them and use them without issues in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment