19.3.11

Processing Concept Development

It all started off with circles.
I wanted dots/circles to randomly slot themselves on the
screen to reveal an image - a 3D image.
I played with transparency, sizes, shapes... including triangles
which I think was a complete fail.
I introduced lines eventually to shed light and movement.
The following are examples of different stages I got to
while playing with each concept.

Found this one too dark.
I liked the overlaying of circles though.

Introduction of squares as well as circles.
I like this. 

Here, lines were added starting at the top left corner.
This however lightens the image.
I haven't decided whether it is a good
or bad thing.

O.kay... Too much line work.
Gotta get rid of it.

The contrast between the orange and purple works well
but the lines don't work.

Playing with 'symbolism' here.
The lines exiting from the centre of the image
are meant to symbolise light; wealth of history.

Good contrasting bright colours but is missing something.

Here, the lines darken the image too much.
I've tried using fewer lines, lighter lines and different colours.

I wonder where the green wand has gone?
White lines possibly a bit too much?
I think so.

This image was originally meant to look similar to
this. The white was meant to illustrate a calm,
pure, and peaceful environment.
Although, I realised the colours didn't combine well with the other
three wallpapers.
Two images above reveals this image but with black/grey lines.
I mentioned it made the image too dark. The white in this concept is the
direct opposite of the black in the other.
I found a mutual replacement which has been posted
on the "final" posting of my final four wallpapers.
Blue was the replacement colour. The reason I chose blue -
Blue also represents 'calm' and 'purity'.
It reminds me of the ocean.
Can you get any more pure than that? 

Lots and lots of circles.
Once again, good bright contrasting colours
but still missing something.

Circles and lines.

Circles, lines and squares. I know I was missing something.
It was the squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment