10.3.11

My 4 sketches

My first four concepts.
What was I thinking?
Well... I'll explain!
I wanted a set of four wallpapers to represent
an emotion/a feeling.
The first was mystery, second was lost in colourful music,
third was devastation in a disaster such as CHCH earthquake, and lastly young love.
After leaving these four concepts alone for a few days, 
I realised I was following the wrong line.
I had drawn four concepts with little visual relativity.
Now, I realised I had to choose one of these ideas and
create three others using the same method.
Firstly, I chose Concept One.
Although it took hours upon hours to draw the initial sketch,
I knew where I wanted to take this sketch.
I wanted it to stand out, show depth... and make the onlooker
want to reach out and touch it.
This would only be achieved with colour and varying transparency.
As you will see, I developed with concept and found something I liked.

Concept One
Concept Two
Concept Three

I then chose to further develop Concept Four. I liked the use of positive and negative space.
Black and white.
Colour and nothing.
As you will see, I created three more concepts of the same idea.
This time, I used the theme 'Wellington Memories'.

Concept Four

No comments:

Post a Comment