14.3.11

Concept Development - First Stages

In my opinion Concept Development ruins all
direction in some projects.
I say this because I started out with a clear
focussed image in the beginning.
I was going to create hand drawn images,
entirely made from dots.
The images below of the female
face are an example of this.
It took hours and hours just to complete one
small sketch made of dots, and that's when
I realised this was going to take forever,
so I'd better make sure I was on the right
path at the beginning. Anyway,  as you can see,
I did start working on developing my lined images,
shown below the face/dot sketches.
I liked the line concept with the added use
of negative/positive space to reveal
an image within the box of lines.
While developing these lined drawings, I started playing
more and more with colour.
I love the bright pinks, oranges against a
black background. I find it very striking and
captivating yet radiating energy. I suppose
'energy' is exactly what a student needs when
sitting in the studio late at night working on
an overdue design project.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment