9.4.11

Update on concept stage!

At this very moment, I am looking at using perlin noise, although, I plan to control the perlin noise, and restrict it's output to create the cave ceiling AND reflection under/on the water below.
I also plan on using another kind of perlin noise to create a swarm of glowing fire flies.

Now, after thinking (yes I do a lot of that surprisingly), I realise if I use perlin to create the cave ceiling, there may not be any point to designing glow worms. This is because the cave will already look like it's covered in glow worms. That is why I'd like to introduce perlin glowing fire flies instead.

The water I plan on creating with ripples etc, but to create the reflection of the ceiling in the water, I will have to create an mirror image of the ceiling under the layer of water. This way it should appear to be a reflection rather than a mere cheat.

Bats... how do I create bats hanging off a perlin cave ceiling? Hmm... This could pose as an issue at this point.

I am thinking of creating the illusion of the end of the cave/tunnel coming nearer and nearer (without actually reaching the end ofcourse!). This may relax the mood a little in the sense it creates hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment