7.4.11

Concept Developement - idea developement more like!

Okay, so I was set to create this whole story line for the user to follow with my storyboard for project two... how ever, I have been told it will be too much work and instead, to focus on one environment.

Due to this, I have changed my idea dramatically. I feel that neither one of the three/four environments in my original story board are exciting enough to work on. I have taken one concept though, and changed the story line behind it.

Imagine a cave, it's dark... but beautiful at the same time.
Your point of view will be from someone walking forward through the cave interacting with the environment.
Looking at the glow worms, moving from side to side... walking through cobwebs, dodging bats.
You can hear drips of something in the background, as well as flapping and squeaking of bats. As you walk through cobwebs, the sounds of them breaking is faint but there.

The question now is how to create a 3D cave environment?
Maybe the answer is to make it 2D using parallax?
Parallax is layering of objects/images to create a 3D look but a flat 3D look.
The idea is to divide the distance by 2 (I think?) between the layers of objects and have them move accordingly
to give the idea of movement.

An example of parallax is as follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment